Applications for new families will open on February 1, 2024 for any open seats available for the 2024-2025 school year.
Criteria for students of K5-12th grade:
- Students that are at or above grade level in core subject area
- Recommended GPA of 2.5 or higher
- Standardized test or FSA (Florida Statewide Assessments) scores in average to above-average range
- Positive reference (both academic and behavioral) from your current school
- Positive personal reference from a youth pastor, coach, etc.
- Parents are committed to partnering with Berean Christian School in their child’s education and development.
Applicants to Berean Christian School will be taken through the following process:
STEP 1 - A Completed Application
All the items listed are REQUIRED for your application to be reviewed.
- Completed online application.
- $25.00 application fee, paid online (non-refundable & non-transferable)
- Current year’s report card and transcript
- Previous 2 years’ report cards
- Previous 2 years’ standardized test scores
- IEP, 504, Psycho-Ed Evaluation, Academic and/or Behavior Plan (if applicable)
- Reference Forms from Math & English teachers and principal. References will be emailed from the online application.
STEP 2 - Initial Application Review/Wait Pool
Your application will be placed into the Wait Pool for review. Once the application has been reviewed by our Admissions Committee, the Admissions Office will inform you in writing of your application status (invitation to test or remaining in the Wait Pool).
STEP 3 - Invitation to Test
Testing is required for Kindergarten-12th grade students and will be scheduled upon an invitation from the Admissions Department.
A $75 testing fee will be due in CASH on the day of testing. If you are testing through our ESE Department, there will be a $100 testing fee due in CASH on the day of testing. Please note that we require 24-hour cancelation notice.
STEP 4 - Invitation to Interview
All applicants are required to attend a family interview. K5-6th grade families will interview with our Elementary Principal and our 7th-12th grade families will interview with the Dean of Students. Both parents must be present at the time of the interview (unless there are extenuating circumstances).
STEP 5 - Final Admissions Committee Review
All applicants that have been tested and interviewed will be reviewed by our Admissions Committee. Please note that a final invitation to Register and Enroll will not be made until the Final Admissions Review is complete. Official acceptance (or non-acceptance) will be communicated to all families in writing on March 28, 2024 (or later if applying at a later date).
STEP 6 - Registration and Enrollment
Once official acceptance has been received, parents must:
- Complete the online enrollment packet & pay the $500 registration fee (non-refundable and non-transferable)
- Attend one of the scheduled New Family Meetings
- Submit Step Up for Students information to the Admissions Office
Once this process is complete, you will receive a final email from the Admissions Office confirming your enrollment.
Berean Christian School operates on a wait pool system for all applications submitted. Please note that submission of the application does not guarantee space. A spot will not be held until you receive an acceptance letter.
Applications for the 2024-2025 wait pool will open to the public on February 1. Your application will undergo an initial review by our admissions committee and those selected will be contacted to schedule admissions testing and family interviews with the respective principals or dean. If your application is not chosen in the first round, it will be placed back into the wait pool.
Once the testing and interview process have been completed, all applications will undergo a final review by the admissions committee and decision letters will be sent on March 28, 2023.